Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Why men have no say in abortion?

Truthfully, from an empirical perspective men should have more of a say in it. The only argument I have seen here is the the overused phrase: ,,my body, my choice''. Imagine demanding to drink and drive because it's your car and your choice, it's an emotionally formed statement. If we put things in simplistic terms, females are the fields, men are the seeds, crops [children] are the result. Females play an important role in procreation; however, they are merely hosts for life to grow, they do not own the life within. When has the soil in the field decided which crops are grown within it?

Your first analogy, to someone driving a car, is very poor, because it misses the point that a person's body is an integral part of who they are, not an optional extra in life, like being able to drive a car.

Your second analogy is even worse. Like the Christian "potter's clay" analogy, it justifies imposing someone else's will on people by comparing them to inanimate objects.

I'm not letting some dumb woman kill my kid, even if she has a daughter.

• Misty

We carry the child so its our choice.

Men typically DO have a say, just not the final say. Why? Because ultimately it's the female that bears ALL the physical risk, pain, health issues, and ultimate responsibility for carrying the fetus to term. Bearing all that, she also therefore bears most of the decision-making.

thinking about this as seeds and fields is a useless comparison but since you seem set on this I will use your analogy.

You own a bag of mahogany tree seeds and an apartment that they cannot grow in, a woman owns a house with a yard. You ask if  you can come over. She says yes. You accidentally drop a mahogany seed on her lawn while you frolic. If that mahogany tree starts to grow, SHE will be the one that has to water and fertilize it. SHE is the one who risks it falling on her house. SHE is the one who gets to take these factors into account and decide if SHE wants to risk her property and life for a tree that she may not want, that SHE needs to work to care for by keeping her yard healthy, and decide if that tree is overshadowing her garden, killing of the plants SHE ACTUALLY WANTS.

Now take this and replace yard and house with body, garden with something like a career, and tell me she shouldn’t get to chose if she risks her life and goals for something she doesn’t want. 

If I gave you $5 as an investment that grows to $100 after 9 months but you had to risk your life for it you probably wouldn’t do it. This is like me saying “well it’s my five dollars you better risk your life for it”

Having children is a choice which should be discussed before unprotected sex. If it's gotten to the point that she has become pregnant without discussing the prospect of having children, then you can only blame yourself for not bringing it up beforehand.

Your analogy is wrong.  Females are farmers, they own the farm.  They decide who gets to spread their seed and when the harvest will occur.  Sometimes they dig up a field before the crop is fully grown, and that's their choice, the seed salesman has no say in the matter.

Because if a woman practices self defense and defends herself from parasites is none of their damn business

• 4 weeks agoReport

Fukc you, cvnt. Baby killer!