Why do women not understand men don't mean to fix everything it's how were wired. you have tell us if venting or need something fixed ?

Same reason they don't understand that if they can 'fix' a problem simply by complaining about it, it's not really a problem.

I actually had to lay out a rule with my wife:  I'm not a female friend, I'm not a hairdresser, not a therapist and not bartender.  I'm a guy, which means only bring your problems to me if you want a solution.  And she's expected to follow that rule.

I also follow the rule of never listen to a woman complain any longer than she's willing to spend having sex with me.  But that's my rule to follow, not hers.  

Before anyone calls me a sexist pig, she lays out all sorts of rules for me: No more tattoos, no facial hair, no firearms in the house, no buying tools I'll never use, no deleting her stuff on the PVR, the list is endless.

• Driven1 month agoReport

Good man 

• Jerry

If we want you to fix something, we will ask you to do that. If we don't ask you to fix it, then getting it fixed probably isn't what we're wanting. 

That's why I don't talk to people, including my boyfriend, about my problems. I just keep them to myself and fix them myself. I don't trust anyone else not to interfere in my business. 

I guess maybe I should be less upset when my husband says "what do you want me to do about it" instead of just jumping in and making some things worse.

• Driven1 month agoReport

Yes it would make more peace 

Are men unable to ask if their partner is just venting or really need help?