My partner has £5 to live on a day, what are we going to do?

BF left job at pub to start job at cinema. Day he ment start all cinemas close -coronavirus

Not at pub cant get furlough. Not worked at cinema yet,no furlough. He applied universal credit

I work, Im furlough, get £700pm, rent is £500! Have my own flat. BF stops 3 nights pw, he lives at his mums, we dont live together

Quarentine starts, save on bills at my house quarentine with him. Would of been alone 4 months if hadn't + Im autoimmune

He thought rejoining morrisons,he cant, im high risk. Could pass covid onto me. UC has to be

1st problem, they said pub paid him last paycheck in assesment period. UC check last 20th -19th see if you paid by job, last paycheck on the 20th incredibly, left pub on 18th. On 9th week since leaving pub he received from UC £409.

He got phone appointment week ago and asked about his situation. Started asking about me. Said how im at his mums house quarentining. Then says he is going have make a couples claim because we are living together, and we can get about £500 instead of £400 but they will deduct money off him because of MY furlough

I am not living at his mums house! I have my own flat, pay rent, bills, tax. Im registered at home just there for quarentine. If its problem I can go stand in my house instead his mums house

Not engaged/married, just GF. Not said anything about his mum income affecting him. He got email saying they stopped next payment, needs make couple claim.14 days to appeal. Out of work 77 days had £409, £5.31 a day

No. Living with his parents is a recipe for disaster. You will have his mom up your ***, and starting drama. Then they will gang up on you. Then mom will put things in her sons head that will make him question being with you. Mom always has to be number 1 in her sons life. She will get pissed when she is number 2. Then when you two get in fights he is gonna let his mom treat you bad because mommy is always number 1. I had a fiance and we let his mother stay with us. It was hell. The mom was always around and we never got privacy. When her son made me mad she got involved in our fights. Then when they were both there they ganged up on me whenever a fight started. His mom was always in our business. It got so bad that I packed my kids and Is stuff and moved out. Then got my own apartment with just my kids and I. Soon my now ex fiance came crying back saying how much he hated his mom and misses me and to come back. I never went back. I told him to go have fun living with mommy because he is the one who insisted she stay there. I said that's the choice he made and now he can be stuck with her lazyass and bad attitude. He still tries to get me back but I always ask everytime if mommy is still with him. The answer was always yes. I told him adults dont live with mom they live on their own and I wasnt gonna drag this woman with us the whole time. I said she is 59 years old not disabled and an adult woman. She shouldnt be living with her son when she has her own place.

My partner has 5 dollars to survive one day is very good

"what are we going to do?"

There is no "we" here.   You are an unmarried person who has your own home and manages your own finances.

His financial problems are his to solve.   Well, and his mummy's too apparently.

I'm not entirely sure why he mentioned you, given you aren't living together.

I suggest you return to your own flat. He contacts the Universal Credit people and tells them of his change of circumstances.

Currently YOU are stopping him taking up any work because you are high risk and that isn't really fair on him, given you aren't married or living together.

But given he is living with his mum and he had no bills etc to pay, he won't be eligible to claim much.

A phone call to citizens advice might also help.

If Baby Boy is still sponging off Mummy, what does he need money for? Rent? Food? Travel? (no, he's not working) 

You ARE living with him and his mother.

• Tavy

He needs to get a job and you need to leave so he can earn money. Many people are living with high risk people, your health should not stop him from earning.

UK

He needs to go and get a job so he can earn there are plenty of supermarkets needing additional staff, lots of delivery companies...as you say you are 'just his gf' and have your own place to live, so he shouldn't put his life on hold for you and your health issues when you have another place to live

• Maxi

If you are living at his mums then you are living together as far as the benefits agency are concerned. Sounds like you are both living for free at his mums, so mum is paying for everything so what does he need money for? Like many you/he made decisions and like many you have to live within 'your' means or rather what tax payers vi the Givernment are prepared to give you

Fight their decision,  write to local MP, speak to citizens advice.

In addition, get him to get another job. Supermarkets are looking for staff, just as delivery companies are and fruit/veg pickers...