Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Went for a medical test in a neighboring county,  the tech asked why I didn't go to my neighborhood testing center, is that rude?

Actually, I went to a small  county for my test because my big county has way too many covid19 cases and I didn't want to be stuck in a waiting room with lots of possibly infected patients. My test had nothing to do with covid19.

It was just a question. He wasn't trying to be rude. 

• Joe

In the U.S., there are a lot of public health resources that are funded by county.

Where I live, I can't go to either of the two closest COVID-19 test facilities, because they happen to be over the county line.  They would turn me away.

So, it wasn't rude: it was the reality of how the clinic was provided with resources.

Good to know

If you came to me I would have asked the same. Mainly just asking. Unless there are lots doing as you did. Then they may wonder as a whole. 

Pray to God for this answer also. Maybe God will tell you? 

TY, your comment makes sense.