Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Possible Pregnancy ?

(I do realize how that sounds —paranoid— but I have to ask due to very young age and the pathological fear of pregnancy that makes me lose my sleep). 

My question is this: I am in contraception pills that I regularly take, and last time I had a sexual encounter (Feb.19, 3-4 days before I got the last pill of the month) a condom was used (no evidence of it breaking either). My period came in time for February, March, April and May (kept taking my contraception pills — polycystic ovaries, you see). I don't remember how it looked but it lasted about 5 days and it didn't look like spotting, I suppose. However, for a few days in April and at this point since Monday, I feel (and look) bloated (mostly in the lower part of my belly, below the belly button), dizzy and tired and sometimes nauseated (no vomiting); I lately have trouble getting my bowels moving also. I have mood swings (could be due to the COVID-19 reality stress, just like all of the above though) and a lot of times I don't feel like eating. I had a blood test to check my hormones a couple of weeks ago and the doctor did not point anything unusual. I have not taken a pregnancy test out of fear of my parents' reaction. 

All these considered, do you think there is fear of pregnancy? 

Thank you in advance! 

If you're very young ages makes you unsuitable for parenthood then you shouldn't be having sex.  What part of getting your period is confusing you?

Sex = potential for pregnancy.  Period = not pregnant.  If you  haven't had sex since your last period, you aren't pregnant.