Tad asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Can I still eat the brisket I'm cooking?

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could give me your opinion on this. I started smoking a 6 lb brisket last night at 11pm at 180 degrees. Woke up at 630, wrapped it in butcher's paper and turned it up to 225 degrees. I came left my house for an hour and a half, came back and had a pellet jam somehow. I cleaned everything out, fired it back up and put the brisket back on at 250 degrees. When I put the. Brisket back on the traeger it was at 139 degrees. Do I toss this or would it be safe enough to eat?

• CB

Completely safe don't lose any sleep over it. You hit the critical number and it only rested for an hour and a half.  Hint - if you want to finish the brisket without wasting pellets just wrap tightly in foil or use a baking bag and finish it in the home-oven.

No....cook until internals are at 195 or greater.  Too expensive to throw out.  Wrap in foil (or butcher paper) and put some liquid in along with the meat)

It's fine, don't work yourself up.

It will be perfectly safe.