Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How do you struggle to take a shower with depression?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Slug
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In regards to depression there are many daily living skills an individual may neglect one of which may be their own personal hygiene, an individual neglecting their own self will come with a multitude of self neglect poor diet, neglecting house hold duties and neglecting themselves, it comes with the feeling of lack of self worth due to depression. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I just get into the shower, pick up a washcloth and the soap and take  a shower as usual.  If you're depressed and force yourself to do every day things like showering, you might just feel somewhat better after ward.  Get dressed and walk out the door to take a good walk.  Just make yourself do it for at least 20 minutes.  

I'm sorry if you're depressed.  we just have to force ourselves to do things sometimes.  Exercise and a shower is going to give you a boost. 

• Girl
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You must have severe depression and like user Corona says I would definitely take that advice on board. You are severely demotivated from life now and possibly the worse could be to come - before that happens you need to seek urgent help.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i turn the pressure up

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If your depression is that severe just taking a shower is a chore you really need to seek help.  Help is out there and with todays medicines and therapy you can be a happy person again.  Go see a Psychiatrist, get evaluated for medicine and then start therapy, usually with in 2-3 weeks your whole life will change.  There is treatment for whats wrong.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.