Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

My boyfriend treats his son better than me. Is this fair? Should I leave?

My boyfriend lives with me and so does his son. The thing is that his son is 23 and he doesn’t work and he never lifts a finger at home. He sleeps all day, eats our food and plays in front of the tv. He lives rent free, which I think it’s wrong at his age because he finished college. 

Both my boyfriend and I pay the rent and all utilities and do house work. If for some reason I don’t do laundry, my boyfriend gets mad and gives me an attitude. However, his son can be a slob and in his eyes he does no wrong and never tells him to clean or do something. His son has never once do his laundry. It’s actualmy my BF the one that does it for him. But he gets mad if I don’t do laundry one day when I have done laundry many times. I even cook for his lazy so I think he should be quiet. I feel that he’s not being fair and I get to be treated different than his son, who is perfect and flawless and has the right to be lazy. Should I continue in this relationship? 

stop think for a second your stupid 

i mean you can't really compare a father-son relationship and a romantic one 

Leave, cause things aren’t going to change. 

It sounds like you are the maid with benefits. If you want to be treated like this, then stay.If you want to be treated with respect then it is adios time. It is not going to change. No one can take advantage of you unless you allow them to do so.

Hey, I'm 23 and don't pay bills or lift a finger at home. 

I wuld seriously advise that you not nly lv

but prir doing so warn this "bf" of yur's that 

his son is gonna be SOL when no1's thr cring

for him :(

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][

I think you should have a conversation with your boyfriend. I once had a partner who encouraged the same type of behavior with his child, his child was 5, but it was annoying and I imagine him raising a man quite like how you’ve described your ‘stepson’. Have a conversation and voice your concerns. Sometimes men are just oblivious. 

• Parker1 month agoReport

dude its his child

Blood is thicker than water and things wont change so you have a choice, put up with it or move on and I know I would be leaving, Good Luck

Yes, you should leave.

Absolutely. His son will never leave him. You're going to leave him in about 5 minutes. Why would he ever betray his own son for a fly-by-night bit of tail? Men are creatures of loyalty, and the quickest way for someone new to get shut out and kicked out of a man's life is to pressure a man to be disloyal to someone he is loyal to and was already loyal to when that someone met him. You knew who he was and how he was and where his loyalties lay when you moved in, so trying to change him won't ever feel like love to him but the opposite, rejection, and why would any sane person be loyal to someone who rejects them for who they are, how they are, and how they've been since the start?