As a member of the LGBT, why can't I refuse support for Black Lives Matter?

When the black community is incredibly lgbtphobic, incredibly violent towards us, murdering us, attacking us.

Sorry, but I support black people's right to live without racism and without police brutality, especially black lgbt folk, but I couldn't care less about BLM as a movement. I know my allies and my enemies. 

• Paul

Much as you would like to think otherwise, recognizing "LGBT" as a psychosocial disorder is not a phobia. It is just normal rational thinking.

You don't have to support anything, but being against systematic racism and discrimination is the right thing to do.

We are both minority groups in this country. The only way we are going to affect change in this country is by working together. By refusing to do so you're playing right into the hands of our common enemies.

The first pride was a riot. Led by two black and latino transwomen. You can not support it but you look like a filthy hypocrite because the people who got you rights so you could be more privileged need help today and you choose to do this. Don't generalise a race. And don't you dare lecture 'the black community' about being violent. Do you know what these protests/riots are about? Ending brutality and violence towards people of colour. Black people know what it's like to be discriminated against, and if you're LGBT you probably do to.  People who've had similar experiences empathise with each other. You use your oppression as a queer person as a smokescreen to villainise and prejudice against POC. This is you trying to look down on someone as people look down on you, to make yourself feel superior even though acting as you are makes you inferior. Swap the LGBT and Black around and you're a homophobe. "as a black person why can't I refuse to support the LGBT community" Look at yourself. You're a clown.

Thoughts:  We's all God's precious chil'en. Love thy neighbor. Black people pioneered the civil rights movement in Harlem that led to the Stonewall uprising.

Without BLM as a solid ally, LGBT does not have enough membership to survive, politically.

• 1 month agoReport

@kenta BLM isn't just a 'brand',it's a movement, its a concept, an idea that's been around since we could travel the world. As long as there are racists in the world. black lives matter exists.