Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

BLM Movement, what are you fighting for?

I see a mixed bag of end goals in the black lives matter movement. Some simply want to end police brutality. Some seem to just want Trump gone. Some I. see support and idolize Malcolm X. Which he heavily criticized the whole idea of peaceful protest and racial integration as a whole. Just seems like ya’ll aren’t on the same page here. So what are you fighting for? I honestly just want to know. Thanks.

• Jas B

Getting equality and justice, when you are a minority which is discriminated against involves equality in education, in the workplace, when out in the world and under the law which involves all aspects of life, so yes you will get different answers from different people.  .  

Free electronic goods and to scare the police never to arrest a violent black criminal again.

Free 4K TVs, Air Jordans and skittles.

The right to steal other peoples property  and the right to behave like complete morons during a health crisis and do their best to make it worse. 

"Some I. see support and idolize Malcolm X. Which he heavily criticized the whole idea of peaceful protest and racial integration as a whole"

Well sir I think you'll find that brother Malcolm wasn't always against peaceful protest and integration but after years of watching our people do so in vain he went to Africa and he looked at how freedom was gotten by our brothers in Kenya, South Africa, Angola, the Congo and so on, and he saw that the Africans came to realize that there was only one way to get true freedom.

When he returned from Africa, Malcolm spoke and said "Freedom isn't something that someone else gives to you, it's something that you take".

So you ask what it is we're fighting for today?

FREEDOM!

Source(s): BLM

I see you are a stranger to basic grammar. I see you offer only suppositions.  An end to the extra judicial killing of black people by incompetent or racially motivated law enforcement is the stated goal.  It was Trump's own decision to take a side, his predecessor straddled a very thin line.  Trump is all about race baiting and culture politics.