how do i get rid of a misdemenor?

i shot my weapon in a town and they charge me with a misdemeanor

You figure out how to get something expunged in your state.

You don't.  You now have a criminal record.  Stay clean and shape up and in 10 years, of clean, law-abiding behavior, it will be far enough behind you that you may be given chances that you won't be given in the next few years, as a result of your criminal behavior.  Twenty years without further crimes, you can write it off as a mistake learned.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.

You start by learning how to spell misdemeanor.  You then go to Court and ask that the charge be reduced.

Once the Police run your record the charge will probably be changed to a felony  - "I was doing community service for a dui and though that I had finish and I got a letter saying that I hadn't what will happen I got a job?"

You don't.  You plead guilty and accept the punishment.

• Edwena

Do what they tell you and if you don't cause any more trouble they will throw away the old charge.  Call up the clerk on the phone number on your ticket and talk to her.  She is a nice lady who will tell you what to do.  Do it with a smile and tell them thank you and you won't do it again, and you learned your lesson.   Then all is forgiven and forgotten.  Just don't cause any more problems.   If you can't learn your lesson, you will be cutting grass at the various county cemeteries. 

Talk to a lawyer and find out if you can get your record expunged or sealed. IF it is possible then you are going to need a lawyer's help. Oh sure there are people that know what they are doing and could do it themselves, but those people wouldn't have been on here asking this question in the first place(no offense, most people aren't going to know how to navigate getting something expunged).

Just plea guilty and ask if you can just pay a fine or do community service and in return, all charges are dropped after completing your service.