Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How can I reduce the look of my big stomach even though I am skinny?

I know you can’t really spot reduce but I am already pretty skinny but my stomach just pokes out as if I’m a month pregnant all the time. I’m not sure if it’s bloating but I hate it so how can I just lose the big look on my stomach. For reference I am 18, female, 5’9, and 148 ish pounds. I’m an athlete so a lot of my weight is muscle so I don’t “look my weight”. I’ve tried sweat band for m i’ve tried waste trainers and I would wear them when I work out in those effects are just very temporary plus I have a pretty good diet I try to cut out sugars and overly salty foods and also fattening foods. Please help I don’t know what else to do!

My face is also chubby too I just don’t understand it 

I'm sure your perspective of your stomach vs. what someone else sees is worlds different.  Women carry a bit more fat than men do.  If you want to tone up and you're not overweight, you can do regular planks and side planks, for two examples.  Or go to YouTube and search for belly toning exercises... there are thousands of videos on that subject for exercises to do at home.  It takes a matter of 5-8 weeks to start seeing results, but persistence pays off.

A 1 month pregnant belly is a regular belly (baby bump starts in the second trimester). My thoughts are either its from poor posture, bloating or that's just how you are built. A slightly protruding stomach can be caused by reproductive organs or by a little layer of fat that protects the reproductive organs. Either way its healthy, normal and natural. Not all women are meant to or can even achieve a completely flat stomach. 

• keerok

Posture can do wonders too but that might already be bloating. See fodmap diet. 

You probably have more fat than muscle.

I use to have the same problem.

Once I started doing ab exercises my belly naturally felt smaller and more more tucked in.

I believe the muscle let it seem smaller although the fat was still there.

Source(s): healthgoldblog1.wordpress.com

Maybe yoga to reduce bloating? Some people just have naturally slightly larger stomachs than others and that’s okay