Tim asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Do you reincarnate into the future only, or also the past? Maybe even someone you yourself encountered in your life?

Does reincarnation follow time, or does it not matter?

Reincarnation only goes forward in time, to another birth in a new body. There is a space between the end of this life and the beginning of the next one, when the person is in a non-physical state. 

• Raja

Reincarnation means being born as a baby again after death. According to certain religions' belief it is not going to past. It is next birth after death.

In my experience I have discovered that the reincarnation is not at all possible. No one lives after death in any form. There are spirits but they are separate elements. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. These spirits are your consciousnesses and memories. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. A mind is you. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings.  A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism.  After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives in any form after death. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

There is no hell or heaven for human beings. They are only for spirits. I guess that the heaven is just the sky and hell is the prison for spirits. Good spirits are free to go anywhere in the sky but bad spirits are put in prison for certain years. I guess that certain evil spirits are destroyed completely. Spirits' lifetime is limited. If what they (spirits) have said is true then they live approximately for 400 to 500 years. This is close to the Indian Hindu's belief that a human being has seven births. That means Hindus believe in reincarnation but I don't.

REINCARNATION

To form a reincarnation all spirits which lived with a body must possess another person together. Then only he/she can feel the same person who died. But this is not happening because the spirits never stay together to haunt or possess another. They go searching new bodies. Rarely there might have been certain cases but I think they have changed after some time. I mean, they (humans) didn't able to remember anything after certain age. Spirits during their life time live with many bodies (one after another). Their memories sometimes affect the person. This is natural. This is not enough to believe that there is rebirth. No one returns after death. All human beings’ lives end with their own bodies.

There is always a common fate which is always applicable to all creatures including human beings. That is, human beings are like other creatures except that they have an additional sense (sixth sense). This sense had changed only the living conditions of the human beings but not the fate. The fate is almost same to all creatures including human beings.

You are the creator of your reality. All things matter. I believe you will be reincarnated until you have learned how  the Universe is karma.

• Liz

Reincarnation: According to this belief, when a person dies, the soul, the “real self,” passes on to a better existence if the individual has lived a good and proper life, but possibly to existence as an animal if his record has been more bad than good. Each rebirth, it is believed, brings the individual back into this same system of things, where he will face further suffering and eventual death. The cycles of rebirth are viewed as virtually endless. Is such a future really what awaits you? Some believe that the only way of escape is by extinguishing all desire for things pleasing to the senses. To what do they escape? To what some describe as unconscious life.

Bible: According to the Bible, the soul is the complete person. Even though a person may have done bad things in the past, if he repents and changes his ways, Jehovah God will forgive him. (Ps. 103:12, 13) When a person dies, nothing survives. Death is like a deep, dreamless sleep. There will be a resurrection of the dead. This is not a reincarnation but a bringing back to life of the same personality. (Acts 24:15) For most people, the resurrection will be to life on earth. It will take place after God brings the present wicked system to its end. Sickness, suffering, even the necessity to die, will become things of the past. (Dan. 2:44; Rev. 21:3, 4)

Last life I was a snail that explored my universe with my antennae.  Next life I probably won't be much more.  Still trying to sense my way through my universe with whatever I have to sense things with.  Kind of slow and retarded compared to some of the other entities out there. 

You are missing one gap in your understanding of reincarnation, that most people who claim to be believer also lack. I am not here to fill you in, but my name gives it away.

• j153e

The "you" that reembodies is like Plato's Charioteer:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariot_Allegory

The "you" that is God's Energy lovingly brought forth as a holy Child of potential Self-realization, aka the Higher Self or the Holy Christ Self, relates to the embodied soul-field initiative in this wise:  God's Presence and individuation, including Holy Christ Self, remain holy; the soul-field embodiment initiative is opportunity for God's Energy as soul-field to harmonize and realize more of Holy Christ Self and I Am Presence.  As the soul-field moves (both daily, nightly, and finally without physical body temple) upward in the Energy lessons of Plato's Charioteer, Christianity, etc., it either realizes the level of the Second Heaven, where e.g. the great Saints such as Mary, Joseph, and Jesus work, or it dissolves in the First Heaven (or lower), which "passes away."

If the soul-field does rise to the Second Heaven, it is able to learn further lessons, in case (usual for most) reembodiment for further lessons is necessary.  If the soul-field does not attain, per inner soul-field Light, to true Heavenly teaching, a new soul-field initiative picks up with the same momenta of the prior embodiement initiative.  In the latter case, unless there is true learning e.g. by holy scripture acceptance, comparatively little progress is made from lifetime to lifetime.

It is rare that soul-fields ("souls") remember prior embodiments, so the experiences or samskaras that arise are relatively new to the "soul."  However, by working in positive ways with daily challenges and opportunities, former energies may be "retrieved" per refinement.  "I live in Eternity now" is stated by one's Holy Christ Self, "that Mind which was also in Christ Jesus."  Insofar as one's soul-field aligns with and bonds to one's individuated "Mind which was also in Christ Jesus," one's "soul" is saved, as it realizes the level at which Christ Jesus and many thousands of Saints abide.  It is incumbent upon one's soul to "draw nigh" to God; that resonance is how prayer effectually works.  A genuine cry to God for help works because of that authentic drawing nigh.

Related:

The Path of the Higher Self;

Light Is a Living Spirit.