If you was dishes by hand is using dish soap that’s not antibacterial still clean well enough?

Dawn makes antibacterial and regular dish soap that’s not antibacterial and since the pandemic I’ve been having a hard time finding antibacterial. When washing dishes does one clean better than the other?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Covid is a VIRUS (NOT A BACTERIA) so, antibacterial soap won't touch it.

However Covid is built like a grease molecule and soap disassembles grease molecules and makes the dishes squeaky clean.

Covid falls apart the same way which is why they suggest you wash your hands in soapy water regularly. A dissolved virus can't hurt you.

That is the simplest way I can explain it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Keep in mind that scrubbing your dishes is what removes dirt and bacteria..rinsing well and air dry and you are good to go.  Antibacterial soaps only kill 99% of germs anyway which means whats left just gets stronger. Keep in mind that we all survived just fine before all the antibacterial bullshit ever was invented.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You don't need the anti-bac.  All you need is soap and hot water (use dish gloves).  Corona virus is a virus.  Anti-bac means nothing to a virus since it's not a bacterium.  This virus has a lipid shell.  Lipids are basically fat (as in the word "liposuction") and soap causes the shell of the virus to break up and fall apart the same way the grease from your dinner breaks up to be rinsed away.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

not really imo .. if you want to be real thorough fill the sink with water and put  alittle bleach in the water .. dunk the dishes in that and pull them out and wash them regular from there ..

• ...Show all comments
    • ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

then air dry.  Had to learn all this in Serv Safe classes for food service and when I worked in health care food service.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.