Bobby asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

Should I buy a 4K TV?

I've been wondering about that for a while I have a LG 1080p TV it's a couple years old now but still works good I have a Xbox One S it can stream and do 4K discs it can't really do 4K gaming just upscale it but not true 4K if I do get a 4K TV I might get it Xbox One X and also I'm wondering about a 4K TV for the next conversation like the PS5 I don't know if my 1080p TV will still work on those so should I get a 4K TV or stick with my 1080p TV for a little bit longer

YES... a very good brand is the ROKU TCL... I have had samsung in the past and always have problems with them otr have to replace after a couple years because they stop some upgrades such as Flash Player. ROKU TV are the way to go and you will be happier in the long run unless you are one who HAS to surf the NET on your tv. ITS easier to plug a computer into it and use it also as a big monitor. GET A TCL 4K 55 inch ROKU TV for around 300 bucks.

ALSO LOOK FOR A TV WITH WHAT IS CALLED DOLBY DIGITAL COLOR... THE colors really pop better.

Yes, I want to buy 4K, BRAND IS SAMSUNG.

It's nearly impossible for us to see the difference between 1080 and 4000. If it works fine stick with it.

Yes Sony X90H has HDMI 2.1 X1 Ultimate processor.

Depends on how your eyesight is can you ft 55 inch or bigger in your room Sony would be the best brand followed by Samsung.

• Sumi

Depends upon your eyesight and how close you typically are to the TV.  Most people will be hard pressed to see a difference between HD and UHD (and this is key) at normal viewing distances of 10' or more.

There's more to a TV's image quality than its overall resolution.  There's dynamic range, and how dark the blacks are to name a few.  Take, for example, a Panasonic plasma LCD.  During the days of plasma TVs, the Panasonic was consistently top-rated models.  Place a Panasonic next to any LG, Samsung and especially a Sony LCD and you could easily see that the image quality of the Panasonic was superior by a good margin, especially against the Sony.

The same holds true for TVs today.  Go to a store like Video Only or Best Buy where you can compare image quality.  Test whether you can see any difference, you might want to bring along a DVD/Blu-Ray with you to do your testing.  Before you go, measure your normal viewing distance at home, and then stand that far back when at the store.

In the end, it'll be up to you whether upgrading from a working TV to something that may be better.  How much better will be, in part, up to your eyesight.

Totally up to you. I do enjoy my 4k movies, though

Ignore any idiot that does not consider viewing distance.  A 43" TV from 2 feet is ginormous.  A 75" TV from 20 feet is tiny.

Besides, I think the cheif reason to get 4K is the color gamut. The color gamut is broader and better.  When the set is adjusted right, the picture can pop.  We humans can see something like 4000 shades of red.  Your TV can do 256 shades.  UHD can do something like 2000.

If you are happy with the current set, keep it.If you must buy, get another LG that is UHD. Then change the picture setting to movie or cinema.  This is usually a darker but colors are more accurate.  As for gaming, look for gaming mode on the set.  This turns OFF things that get in the way of gaming performance like the 120 Hz stuff (nothing sends 120 Hz to your TV at this time).  They get 120 Hz by performing interpolation to get frame 1.5 from frame 1 and 2.  This takes time that you see as Lag when you game.

If you are getting a screen that is 65 inches or larger, go for 4k. 

Otherwise, it's a waste of money. 

I have no use for 4k, particularly because I wouldn't want a screen larger than 45 inches. 

Up to you. The ps5 will work on a 1080p. I would assume the series X will also work on a 1080p. 

If you want the best visual out of your ps5 then get a 4K tv. 

If you watch a lot of cable to then it’s a waste to get a 4K tv because there are very few channels that broadcast in 4K. 

It might be worth it if you stream movies since most of the popular streaming services have a 4K version.