how would you react in self defense if your kid on this side of the door holded the door shut on his side while your opening it hwy react?

Why fight it. The kid will have to come out sometime. Just be waiting.

That actually happened to one of my kids. They were holding the door shut by keeping their legs up against it. They did it in such a way, (I didn't know they were doing it - and they didn't know it was me coming it) anyway, I actually hurt my arm with how they did it. (If it had been their small sister, they would have caused a lot of pain to her - FOR NO REASON). As a result of my pain, I kicked the door in,and the door ended up hitting her in the face and knocked a tooth out. My arm was still hurting, but I did feel bad for her. She was the smartest (school wise) kid in the family, but she used to do some really stupid things.

< holded the door shut >

My advice is don't drop out of school.

Look up the word held. Quickly.

• Kieth

Kick the door in.

I would be wondering why they're acting so weird.