Ari asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

Is it OCD or something more?

Last year I was officially diagnosed with Obsessive compulsive disorder, and while this came to no surprise to neither I or loved ones, I still am suffering from something.

I constantly have this feeling of a daze feeling, and ever since I started ocd medicine i noticed that my OCD hasnt gotten better but the daze is less foggy. Right now because of covid i am going with out my ocd medicine and I have very slim moments of clarity(?). Noises are too loud, and the more there is the more I become lost. I can't think straight, or even completely at times. I leave myself a lot of incomplete notes hoping to pick up  pieces of my brain and put them together.I often get "lost" or forget where I am or doing. Even while on OCD meds, I get lost very easily which makes me not want to drive because I forget why im driving or feel like a passenger in the car and forget im in control of the vehicle, this led to a trip into a ditch twice. I can't focus on anything, work and home life is incredibly hard. I can't even procrastinate without getting distracted or dizzy. I have been told a few times in my life that I might be suffering from ADHD or even dissociation disorder. I'm writing this in pieces so im not even sure i asked anything but whats going on in my head?

Has your ability to focus changed for better or worse since starting meds? 

Do you remember yourself before that point?

If it's not obsession or compulsion it's not obsessive-compulsive disorder. We're in no position to diagnose. Poor concentration could be a sign of depression. You can take a depression screening test online, such as CESD R or KADS 6-Item if you're a teenager. I have details about this in my answers.