how do you burn music to a cd?

get either Burn aware or Ashampoo Burning Studio, they are both freeware on the net.

You can do it on a desktop, a laptop, or a dedicated CD recorder but to buy a dedicated CD recorder you would have to burn them on a regular basis because a computer can do many other things besides burn CD's. If you are using Windows you need to put the files you want to burn in wave or MP 3 format. Wave is higher quality sound than the compressed MP 3  format. A CD can hold 80 minutes of music but if you want hours of music an MP 3 player can play many hours of music good for long drives as you don't have to change it very often. I used t an MP 3 player in my car because I took long drives but now I use a CD player. I used a Nero program that came with a CD drive I bought for a computer that I built but It does not work where I am now so I use Windows media player which is not easy to use but it works. For either one you can copy and paste the waves into the program but keep it under the 80 minutes such as 75 minutes so as it you cut it too close it might not burn right. 

A blank CD or DVD suitable for storing audio files in your computer CD/ DVD -RW Drive and then Windows Media Player and click the burn button and then the your favorite song you want to add to the CD/DVD.

DVD Rom drive in drive manager...

I have a Tascam CD recorder or I use Windows Media Player.

I use the software program Nero Burning Rom to extract wav files from CDs, copy a CD or burn wav files to a CD-R or CD-RW disc. Of course you also need a CD-RW or DVD-RW disc drive to do the burning. DVD-RW drives can be bought for laptops or desktops either as an internal unit or an external unit with USB connection. Your desktop or laptop may have the DVD-RW drive already. Windows also come with its own program (Windows Media) to burn discs, but I have never tried using it. There were also CD recorders you can buy to connect to your stereo system that you can burn CDs. I never bought one of those.  There are also stand alone DVD recorders that connect to your TV. Not sure if those can burn CDs or not.  The computer does the job more quickly. A 60 minute CD-R can be burned in a few minutes, but a stand alone unit that is not part of the computer will take 60 minutes to burn 60 minutes of music.

I have used a standalone CD recorder (Philips CDR820) 

and two different laptops. 

In the laptops, Windows Media Player does the trick. 

Always use a lossless codec. 

Use a cd burner....

.....

• Scott

Use a PC with a RW drive and software like iTunes.  But it’s pointless since connecting your phone to a car stereo or Bluetooth speaker is faster.

time travel back to 1999 first