Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

accidently swallowed fence nail please help?

should I go to hospital or will it pass on it's own (it was about 1.5 inches long)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Clearly a troll! If you had really swallowed a nail you would've gone straight to the hospital, not came on here asking what you should do! Anyone with a functional brain would think to go to the hospital if they swallowed something inedible!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Which end went in first?

• 1 month ago

Surprisingly, most kids who swallow nails, pins and even razor blades will pass them naturally through their system. Still, parents should seek medical attention as soon as they suspect a swallowing because sharp objects can puncture children's esophagus, stomach or intestines.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

6 days later... Are you still alive?  What did you do?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

See a doctor, so that the doctor can remove the fence nail. It HAS to come out!  If left alone, it will not pass on its own and it could perforate your intestines. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It will end up perforating your digestive track somewhere along the line and it will likely kill you without medical intervention. You do need to go to the hospital ED/ER asap.

• 2 months ago

Depends on how sharp the nail is.  Have it checked out.   An x-ray will tell the doctors quickly.

Peace.

• 2 months ago

That's a sharp object that could cause you internal harm. I'd do a little research first, but probably end up going to the emergency room.

• 2 months ago

Go to the hospital! It's likely to get stuck somewhere in your intestines and could do serious harm. 

• 2 months ago

If I were you I would go to a hospital.  Most likely you’ll pass it, but what if you don’t?  There’s certainly a risk there.   

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.