Is buying a cracked, but still working Gold Apple Smart Watch 16gb Cellular Variant for $70 a good deal? ?

I ordered it on Ebay, and according to the listing it's cracked, but everything is still functional. It's just the watch face, I already bought a charger, strap, and screen protector.

• 6 days ago

No, as this is just a complete waste of money.

Source(s): Reality.

I would not have bought it, 

but then I wasn't the one with money to waste.  

Cracks generally only get worse, not better.

The cost for Apple to fix it is basically the cost of a new watch since they don't actually fix them, they just replace it anyway.

Unless you have the skills and resources to fix it yourself (which even authorized apple providers don't because they simply aren't designed to be fixed), then it's not really worth the buy IMO.

A brand new albeit older series model can be had for less than $200, but that new item would have a full warranty and be eligible for AppleCare which will protect it in the event something happens.

That's up to you.  It no longer has any water resistance, so even a drop of water could damage the electronics .

You also run the risk of the watch being iCloud locked and the seller disappears.

I wouldn’t buy a watch with a cracked screen, but if that doesn’t bother you, then sure.