Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

Should 18-20 year olds still be in high school ?

• Carlos

At 18 years old I was a senior in high school and some graduate at 19 years old but I believe the year a student turns 20 when graduating that should be the final straw to be in regular high school .

18, I have no problem. By 20, he should be outta there.

No. Should take GED exam 

they would be better off doing National service

• drip

The majority of HS seniors are 18.  Some can be 19 due to the age they started kindergarten And when their birthday is. 

Many are 20 because they have been held back, due to illness, family issue, moving. 

So, yes they should still be in HS

18 year olds are in high school they're at the end of there Senior year of high school/12th grade. 

Then at 18-20 you'll be working or be in college.

as long as they have no disciplinary referrals I am ok with it. First  time an adult bullies a kid, expel them

• dammm

I think maybe starting to become a adult at 21 is better than at 18

No, that's why you feel like you no longer fit in.

18 is okay.  By 19, they should be done.  But some are held back in lower grades and it takes them longer to finish.