Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Why don't they make a special kind of pill for humans to swallow in order to prevent ticks, and mosquitoes from biting us?

They do make that kind of pill for dogs to swallow in order to prevent any sort of bloodsucking insect from biting them. But why don't they make one for us humans to swallow? It would be really nice if they did because it's annoying that when I have to use a 2 in 1 sunscreen plus bug spray when I go swimming at a pool, beach, or lake here (in my country mosquitoes are active even in the day time here).

Anyways I want some answers please! Thanks!

• Newton

They do not exist or they are not safe. 

They would give you bad breath and make you smell bad.  This is acceptable for a dog.

They're not going to pass the FDA criteria for "safe and effective," especially the "effective" part.  You can eat garlic and onions, and take brewer's yeast supplement and liver and vitamin pills if you like.  You're still going to get bitten.

• Jim

We're waiting on you to discover it!

• Lv 7

you cannot make yourself less delicious to bugs without changing your DNA on a dangerous level.

imagine what kinds of changes you'd have to make to pizza to make people not like the taste. it would be hazardous to your health.

better to just learn how NOT to be susceptible to bloodsuckers.