How do I install a cigarette lighter kit on my boat to power a boombox ?
- jimanddottaylorLv 72 months ago
Most boats have a pretty accessible dash area .
1. Find a spot that is handy and has nothing behind it
2. Drill an appropriate sized hole there
3. Run a wire to the 'hot' or 'run' side of the ignition switch (not the 'start') from the center of the lighter. This should include a fuse.
4. Run a 2nd wire from the outside of the lighter to a ground. All your lights will be grounded, or you can run it back to the battery.
5. Plug in and turn on