Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors, do you wear protective underwear?

I do because I feel as if it helps me relax when I’m out. I have overactive bladder and those pads help.

I'm ok while sitting down, but when I get up to go to the toilet, a little bit of pee comes out. I don't need 'protective underwear' (yet?) but the pads are definitely required.

• kswck2

Nah. I just piddle on the floor to embarrass my kids. 

I had to as a child until I was 5 because I had a very small bladder.  I had hospital treatment for that problem for years.  I became more able to cope as I aged but, now in my 70s, I wonder if that might now go into reverse.  I hope not but I'll cope if it happens.  Mother, who lived to be 95 had to wear pads for the last few years of her life.

Ewe! 

Why do I need to put fifteen characters in this response? 

Oh boy!   That's for me to know, and you .... to MYOB.

• Dick

I developed a rash from elastic waistbands. I haven't worn underwear for 30 years. Age 82

• Janet

No I don't need to. Not yet, at any rate.  71 years old.