Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 month ago

Amd vs intel for building a pc from scratch?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

For a high performance machine, you get rather better power-for-money from AMD than from Intel.

Other than cost, it makes no difference.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depend on the Application

You can't go wrong either way.

If you're planning to build a very high end, production Desktop that has a massive multicore processor then you'll want an AMD Threadripper for that. Intel's High end desktop lineup is less than stellar and the only reason to go Intel is because of the software you're using. Other than the few pieces of Random software that use the AVX512 instruction, There is no reason to go Intel for a HEDT.

If you're gaming with a 144hz monitor then Intel is still better, but you'll need something like the 10600k, 10700k, or 10900k if you want to see the difference in high framerate applications. 

The differences between processors like the AMD Ryzen 3 3300x vs Core i3-10100 or the Ryzen 5 3600 vs. Core i5-10400 are negligible and benchmarks go either way.

Some processors like the Ryzen 5 3600x and Ryzen 7 3800x sit in an awkward spot because they cost more but they don't deliver much of a performance increase over the Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 7 3700x. The same can be said for Intel processors like the Core i5-10500 or Core i3-10300.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I agree with Bill-M.  It really doesn't make a real difference to a typical user.  Some full blown geek and/or high end user might want an Intel or an AMD.  The best thing to do is to look for a combo package of MoBo and CPU.  You'll get the best price that way.

• 1 month ago

So many questions to answer. Gaming or office work? What is your budget? How many cores do you need? Speed of each core required for your programs? Look at which AMD or Intel processors meet your requirements within your budget.Look at the reviews of those processors.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Makes no difference.   It is just a matter of personnel choice.   Honda or Toyota?? 

You pick the CPU you want (AMD or Intel) then a Mother Board for that CPU.

The Socket for AMD is completely different than Intel.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.