what happens in you shoot a mamiya rb67 on multi-exposure mode but only shoot one frame and advance? I did this by accident on a roll today?

I put it on multi exposure mode, shot once shot, and advanced the film 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It would be underexposed because in multi-exposure mode, the camera or the photographer will reduce the exposure time by one half so that the result of a double exposure will not be overexposure.  If you or the camera did not reduce exposure time or aperture, and shot only one frame then it should be properly exposed.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

With mechanical cameras, the shutter button cancels the rewind release button (for multiple-exposure mode) so with what you did, you just went back to normal shooting mode after you took the shot. The next shot will be on the next blank frame.

To do multiple exposure, take the shot first, press the rewind release button, then engage the film advance lever (but no frame advance will happen) before taking the next shot (which will be done on the same frame as the previous one).

• Sumi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When in ME mode, after you take the shot and advance the lever, all that is happening is that the shutter is being rest.  The film does not move since you're in ME mode.  To get out of it, take the camera out of ME mode.  Then put the lens cap on and set the exposure manually to the smallest aperture and fastest shutter speed and take a shot.  Doing this will ensure that the image you previously taken will not be affected.  Taking a shot will trip the shutter and since you won't be in ME mode, advancing the lever will also advance the film to the next frame.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.