Is it true that (per Fox News) Trump is considering dropping out of the race if his poll numbers don't go up? He doesn't want to be a loser?

But wouldn't that make him a loser???

• 1 week ago

Whether this story has any basis in truth or not, yes I could imagine him doing something like that!

The guy is a coward, and if he is faced with almost certain defeat then absolutely he would rather take a route out that would enable him to blame everyone but himself for his decision! You surely don’t expect this guy to stand there after just one term and be humble and graceful in defeat do you....that is NEVER going to happen!

Personally I hope he just refuses to stand down, because nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see his old a$$ getting dragged out, with maybe a boot in the head for good measure!

• J

He’ll either be a loser or a quitter. Might be better if he does drop out though. I’d still probably vote democrat, but at least the republicans could get a better candidate to be their nominee. We need a competent, honest, intelligent president with some empathy and integrity. The party they affiliate with is less important than mental stability and integrity. We need a president who has actually read the constitution and follows the laws of this country. Four years of lies, tantrums, and name calling just make me sad more than anything. It doesn’t surprise or shock me anymore, it just makes me concerned for the future of our country. I’ve always disagreed with the GOP but at least they used to care about laws, truth, and decency. Those values got flushed down the toilet a long time ago.

Calvin Coolidge was invited to South Dakota for fly fishing.  After a month of it, "Silent Cal" gave a press conference saying that he would not be running for another term and would stay fishing for the last six months of his term.

• Matt

That would make him a quitter, not a loser (in his own mind anyway)

Nothing that guy does could surprise anyone.  I'm waiting for him to admit the whole president thing he did was a all bet he had with a buddy.

• Murzy

I highly doubt he will drop out.

Funny, your opinion cannot be linked to an actual source.

"You have got to maintain your support. Trump’s base must stay devoted, it must stay loyal, it must remain fearless. All of you in the Trump base, don’t go wobbly, don’t start falling for the efforts that are currently underway to make you start doubting. Don’t fall for the polling data, don’t fall for anything." -Rush Limbaugh

• Pathetic! You think that quoting this old fart who has never done anything or had any REAL responsibility other than his dog whistle lying garbage make him someone to be respected??? And btw......he sounds frightened!

• Sandy

fake news. the "polls" are from phony biased anti-Trump pollsters who are making up numbers that put Biden in the lead. these are the same people who also made up good numbers about Hillary. that's why their disbelief on her loss was so stunning. 

• virtual_cleo
      1 week agoReport

2016 was not the last major election. 2018 was. Pollsters do not make up numbers. Some of them are better than others, that’s all. And you can stop saying the polls in 2016 were wrong. They were within the margin of error. The Talking Heads blew them out of proportion.

• Juana

We can't know whether or not that is true but I think he believes he can pull it off again. He still doesn't realize he only won by default in 2016.