How do I stop myself from getting angry at slow drivers?

I’m not someone who gets mad at the many things, in fact most of the time I am the most calm, happy person ever, in a great marriage with kids. But I drive all over New York City for work and I constantly get stuck behind someone going 10 mph under the speed limit or sometimes even less. It makes me so angry to the point I just want to crash into them and punch them in the face. I often times miss lights because of them, or those idiots that make really slow turns. Any chance I get to pass them, legally or illegally I do it. I also hate Standstill traffic, it also makes me just as angry, it makes me want to punch the dashboard out. How do you not get so angry at these scenarios, there has to be a way?

And please don’t say get another job. That is not an option for me right now. I will delete any answers that say that so please don’t 

Here's what works for me usually - I don't know how well it would work for others.

Sounds trite, but I try to look at the bright side.  That guy in front of me is going 10 under the speed limit, but at least we're moving.  I've been in dead-stop traffic, too, which is worse.  I'm probably getting laid tonight, might even get a BJ, and that guy in front probably can't say the same.  I have a good marriage and kids, and 50% of couples get divorced and/or are single parents.  I'm driving home from work, but at least I have a job.  A ****load of people lost their job due to coronoavirus.

When I can pass someone I will, but not in anger.

When I get caught at a light because the person in front of me just made it, I consider myself First in Line for the next Green.  If anything, all the cars behind me wish they were in my spot.

Source(s): My job required cool analysis, so anger was a liability.

Imagine the people in some faraway place where the primary form of transportation is by foot

My mom drove slow. She was a super careful with us in the vehicle. So she drove slooow and careful and sometimes she got lost and drove slower:even to the extent of wishing people outloud people go around her on faster lane....My mom would tell you thank you for understanding and not making her feel more worse: as she didnt like to drive but did it for us....

i am a moderately slow driver. You may have a road rage problem. Maybe get some therapy

drive slower so now they will be driving faster and then they can get angry at you

• C

Although I cannot speak to your situation, I can speak to mine.  I discovered my anger toward drivers (not just slow drivers but left-lane hogging drivers, too--and, in fact, any group of inconsiderate selfish people) was unresolved anger over childhood abuse.  I began--and still do--pray and ask God to heal me.  Also, I resolved that each time I get in my car I pray:  Lord, let me glorify you in what I say, what I do, and even in what I think.  That decision, those words, when I get in my car has brought incredible peace to me.  Anyway, if you like my answer, try it for yourself.  I wish you the best!!

• John

Im serious. hire yourself a driver if you need to drive. 

you getting angry is unnatural shows your an unfit driver.

• F

Get a faster car so you can overtake easier.

I often find myself getting angry when someone is slow because I'm a last minute person and often start driving like five minutes before I'm supposed to be there. Maybe try driving half an hour before you're supposed to be there and you won't be impatient.

Put it in your mind there is nothing you can do.