Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Do most 16 year olds still have a set bedtime?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I had a curfew and a bedtime when I was that age, yes. So did my siblings. Of course, it helped that we lived way out in the country, and there was very little to do at night once the sun set. We had restrictions on watching TV (not that there was much on during those years, because that was before the era of cable and satellite TV, and before the internet existed) and there were other restrictions placed on us as well, such as no talking on the phone after a certain time of night.

• 1 month ago

Not usually, no. After some time, most teenagers self regulate on things like bedtime, and trying to force one on them will only want to make them rebel. My siblings and I never had a bed time growing up, and all five of us always had a good nights sleep, and were never late to school. I hoped this helped, good luck :)

• 1 month ago

Some might--but at 16 it's easier just to limit screen time for an hour before bedtime than to impose an actual bed time. 

• God
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some 16 year olds are responsible enough to be able to manage their own time....others are not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No. At that point, I'd be up until 11 or 12.

• mikey
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No, not normal at all.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Usually on a pretty solid schedule by then...even if they don’t have a bed time, they’ll be tired by the time they are supposed to be sleeping

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I’ve never heard of a teen that old having a set bedtime.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Our kids had a time they had to be in their rooms, no screens, and a later time the lights had to be out.

Sleep was optional, and at that age, being nocturnal seems to be their natural hours. But they got rest even if they didn't get enough sleep.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because they need to be in school at 8AM.  And they can’t be sleeping in their seats.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.