Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

why do liberals keep talking about how capitalism is inferior to socialism when all western democracies run by a capitalist economy?

the fact is that capitalism dominates the world. socialism is like the loser brother than can't admit he lost.

every first world nation like u.s , canada, switzerland, germany, france, u.k. japan, sweden, spain, singapore, hong kong. south korea, australia, etc.

they all run with a capitalist economy

to further my argument comapare these nations

mainland china vs. hong kong and taiwan

north korea vs. south korea

former east soviet germany vs. west germany 

there is no comparison.

@princess 

because you actually support capitalism over socialism which means you are not a leftist to begin with 

1 week ago

Ok so some terms of reference.  Left and right are different in the US compared to the rest of the world / comparable nations.  So at the far left is communism and then (pure) socialism then some others, outer left, mid left, inner (central) left, inner (central) right, mid right, outer right, a few others and not pure capitalism but pure right.  

So let's compare to similar countries (eg the old western Europe, Australia, NZ, Canada). Most of these countries swing between their inner left and right parties.  The Nordic countries are a little more left.  The US is considerably right.  I live in one of the "average" countries.  Trump is outer right in my country and the Bushes very mid right to outer right.  Obama may or may not even step into the left depending on the political landscape and barely even then.  

So why am I talking about this?  Well a lot in the conservative side of the US political spectrum, mix up proper "pure" socialism and I don't know what to call it, sometimes democratic socialism fits, other times that's sitting out between the out left and socialism so ???  Mixed?  Balanced?

Now to answer your question.  The US is the most capitalistic.  All of the other countries, whilst they are capitalist, there is the mentality that there needs to be safety nets and that a handful of billionaires or multi-billion corporations can't dictate society (even though they might try).

liberals are capitalists. you are politically illiterate.

Money talks and 

Actually most all western nations are a blend of capitalism and socialism, including the US.

Capitalism, as well as socialism, in their pure forms are equally dangerous.

• Random

No one says that capitalism is worse than socialism.  Well...the right-wing echo chamber says that about liberals but back here in reality, liberals don't actually think that.  This is just another example of how badly you've been brainwashed.

Some are more capitalistic than others.    In Canada we have more socialism than the USA, and are hoping for more yet.  Part of the problem holding us back is American influence on our economy.  Hope we move on.

Most every country in Europe is more socialist than the USA

.

I see by your updates that you are more in favour of democracy than of capitalism.  Let me suggest democratic socialism in which the economy is run for the people, by the people rather than run for the business owner by the business owner.

There's no such thing as pure capitalism and there's no such thing as pure socialism. Most countries have mixed economies.

Capitalism has a lot of advantages, but it's also extremely fragile. Every time capitalism falls apart in the US, the government has to implement a socialist program to put it back on track.

All societies need a repair once and a while. 

It can't be argued that capitalism never fails. In the last few decades it's failed more or less continuously, since the great majority of Americans, people who have to work for a living, have grown slowly poorer all this time.

When capitalism fails, socialism comes to the rescue.  Even capitalists look to socialism to clean up the mess made by capitalism.

Capitalism is when a president signs some trade deals, right? Opposite to trade war.

liberals say capitalism is inferior to socialism? I'm a liberal, and I have never said that. 

OH OH OH ! I know! Can you give us some names? No? Why not? 

==========

I think I know if I am a liberal better than you do. 

Perhaps you should reexamine your incorrect premise. 

NONE of those countries are Socialist: they are all Communist. 

Did you not attend High School?

• Clown Boy2 weeks agoReport

liberals are capitalist shills.