Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

My mother gives her daughter, my estranged sister, whatever she wants if the daughter screams enough. How do I break this toxic chain?

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

    When you have children, you break it by not doing that.

  • 1 month ago

    You try to see that they get into competent family therapy, pronto. Depending upon what else is going on, your sister (and how old is she?), if she is a minor, could be diagnosed with an oppositional defiant disorder. In severe instances, this can call for out of home placement in a treatment setting, but involves the entire family in therapy as well.

  • 1 month ago

    It’s not your chain to break, it’s up to your mother

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.