What’s the first three years of having a kid like?

Do you regret having kids

Usually very hellish unless you are ready for children zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Being married for five years, owning two new cars and having bought a house, and running a business was the perfect time to begin a family.

Our children are two years apart in age. Although there were certainly challenging times, yes, I would do it all over again, without a question or a doubt.

I had my hands full. Luckily we could afford for me to be a stay at home mom, so without financial worries, it made things alot easier. But, raising children is a parental commitment and although it felt overwhelming at times, it was so worth it all.

Fast forward...my boys are now 32 and 34 years old and I am proud to say, we are very good friends.

Possibly not 'likeable'! But you will get used to it. Our first child, a girl, was a little so and so at a young age. Our next child, a boy, was an angel in comparison. My wife said she was glad it was that way round, since, if the first had been an angel she wouldn't have known how to deal with a problematical second one. Our third child was different again.

They are now in their late 30s, early 40s, all with university degrees and interesting jobs.

• Edna

The first 3 years (especially the first year) of a child's life aren't too much fun - you're exhausted most of the time. But, after a child is at least 2-1/2 years old and is half-way toilet trained and is able to walk, it gets MUCH easier. And, to the poster named Tomalochk: For the 100th time, an 8-year-old child is NOT a toddler! A "toddler" is child between the ages of one to three, who is just beginning to learn to walk.

• LizB

Well, there are multiple studies showing that parental happiness and marital satisfaction is at its lowest when they have very young children... so take that FWIW.

Hard, but well worth it. No regrets.

When the toddler is newly born it is quite different than an 8 year old toddler is .... much easier as it gets older and matures some .

• Jill

That was the best time IMO. Not always easy but little ones are so much fun. No, I don't regret it at all.