Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

whats sounds do storms make?

for English i am doing the tempest, and need to think of sounds to use in my writing but I can't think of anything. pls help!

• D1218

Depends. Most likely, rain, winds, thunder, or even rumbling.

• Will.

There is the whoosh and whistling of the wind. The patter of rain falling on a hard surface. The clap of thunder and a light flash of lightning.

A thunderous roar growls in the night sky, as the lightening thrashes overhead lighting up the mysterious forest. The wind howls and whistles through the trees, as if threatening their leaves. The rain pelts down on the roof tops, deafening the silence and flooding the gutters as they overflow into the deserted streets below.

Try and use all the senses if using the first person. If light rain, maybe pitter patters. Crashing thunder and lightning. 

Hope this helps. 

Source(s): Just me.
  • Andrew

Blizzards? Hailstorms? Sandstorms Thunderstorms? Typhoons? What kind of storms?

• denise

Howling winds,  driving rain,  rolling / rumbling thunder.

• Wind and Rain. 

Thunder Claps

Roar Of The Ocean

• Cuaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm surprised you never attracted more fish with this one, which I actually thought wasn't bad.

• sam

Listen to the beginning of let it go from frozen for inspiration.

Think of the weather that accompanies a storm - rain, wind, thunder / lightning etc.