Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

whats sounds do storms make?

for English i am doing the tempest, and need to think of sounds to use in my writing but I can't think of anything. pls help!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • D1218
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Depends. Most likely, rain, winds, thunder, or even rumbling.

• Will.
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

There is the whoosh and whistling of the wind. The patter of rain falling on a hard surface. The clap of thunder and a light flash of lightning.

• 1 month ago

A thunderous roar growls in the night sky, as the lightening thrashes overhead lighting up the mysterious forest. The wind howls and whistles through the trees, as if threatening their leaves. The rain pelts down on the roof tops, deafening the silence and flooding the gutters as they overflow into the deserted streets below.

Try and use all the senses if using the first person. If light rain, maybe pitter patters. Crashing thunder and lightning. 

Hope this helps. 

Source(s): Just me.
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Blizzards? Hailstorms? Sandstorms Thunderstorms? Typhoons? What kind of storms?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Howling winds,  driving rain,  rolling / rumbling thunder.

• Wind and Rain. 

Thunder Claps

Roar Of The Ocean

• Cuaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• 1 month ago

I'm surprised you never attracted more fish with this one, which I actually thought wasn't bad.

• sam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Listen to the beginning of let it go from frozen for inspiration.

• 1 month ago

Think of the weather that accompanies a storm - rain, wind, thunder / lightning etc. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.