If I have a GPS tracker on my bicycle and the bike is stolen, can the cops retrieve it?

Say my tracker helps me find an address, can I take that address to the cops and have them talk to the residents?

All your going to do is to recover the part of your fairy cycle which had the tracker attached to it as most stolen bikes are stripped for parts.

WHERE?  In my area, yes.

If you can get a good tracking unit with a alarm and have the bicycle registered in your name you might get an officer to go with you and you might not it's a lot easier  to track your bike on your cellphone then let the theif ride it to the store snap a big chain on it and then call the police and wait for the theft to come out

There wouldn't be much of a point in having it in the first place if it didn't work.

as long as the tracker is ON ...............................