My husband calls me a name sometimes like dumb idiot???

How can I solve this sometime his rude too. Is this normal In marriage .

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No. Not normal. Very hurtful and abusive.

• 1 month ago

It's not normal. It's verbally abusive and demeaning. Tell him on his face that he should stop calling you that and how it makes you feel. You will appreciate if he could explain why he calls you that then two of you can start to discuss the solution. 

• 1 month ago

No that is abusive behavior and you should not tolerate it. Tell him to stop doing it or you will leave him or if he agrees maybe get a marriage counselor. 

• 1 month ago

lucky its only sometimes..you seem like a dumb idiot all the time... keep this husband the next wont be so nice

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not normal...Let family members know for support, than by yourself seek couples counseling, go alone. 

• 1 month ago

Put a stop to that quick smart. Next time he wants sex, ask him how he could lower himself to have sex with a dumb idiot? AND DON'T GIVE IT TO HIM! If he can't treat you with respect because he loves you and you (and everyone else!) deserves it - hit him HARD where he will really notice!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think it's normal if it happens all the time. I think it's understandable in a heated moment / argument. I admit, I have called my husband a few names during those times, and he has periods where he refers to me as "skid mark" (and thinks it's funny. No idea why) and literally says I'm "mean" every-single-day. I don't understand it, but do think it could be much worse. So if you think it's excessive, it's an issue and is not normal

• Helen
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Name calling can happen in an argument. People say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment.

However if this happens on a regular basis and without apology, this is emotional abuse and not normal.

• 1 month ago

Divorce him immediately

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, that's abuse.............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.