I need help with a diy pc  build.?

PSU is brand new 600 W it keeps saying no signal. no loading screen ever comes on The motherboard is a dell OP 790.  I have all the parts I need but this keeps happening.  What is  The problem and how to fix it.

Dell HY9JP Optiplex 790 MT LGA 1155/Socket H2 DDR3 SDRAM Desktop Motherboard

8GB 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600 DESKTOP Non ECC Memory module

Dell OptiPlex 390 3010 3020 CPU Fan w/heatsink 0KXRX 7VJ1G 5 to 4 pin adapter

Intel Xeon E3-1220 3.1GHz 8MB 5GT/s SR00F LGA 1155 Quad Core CPU Processor

see where I move my hands? No, see the extended finger?  Right, now find somebody who knows how to do this and is willing  to risk getting the virus to come over and show you or try YOUTuBE and learn yourself.

I have heard that the E3 Xeons would work with an OptiPlex 990 motherboard but not with a 790 motherboard. From what I've also heard, the OptiPlex 990 needs a BIOS update before it will work with a Xeon E3 processor. Have you tried something like a Core i5-2400 or Core i3-2100 to see if that would work? Many Optiplexs came with either a Core i5-2400 or Core i7-2600 so those would be your best bet.

You'd need a PSU tester to make sure the power supply is working. Other than that, you'd need to make sure all power supply connectors are fully and correctly installed.

An OptiPlex is also fussy with the RAM. You'd have to make 100% certain the RAM would work before buying it.

Just because a Xeon E3-1220 is a socket 1155 CPU, doesn't mean the BIOS on your 790 motherboard is programmed to read the CPUID of that processor. The Core i7-3770 is another socket 1155 CPU and there is a heap of socket 1155 motherboards that won't work with a 3rd Gen CPU. So I could see the BIOS not reading the CPU as a potential problem.

Not all DDR3 RAM will work either, and that could be a potential problem. 

On ebay, I have checked out quite a few Optiplex and HP Pro motherboards, and I've seen some sellers of these board discourage PC builders from buying these boards. Some problems are the front panel and on/off switches not working, or not having a way to connect to the motherboard. Have you tried to manually jump the motherboard with a key or screwdriver?

please get a Gigabyte motherboard

they are the best

• Lv 7

that could be anything. no signal just means the screen gets no video feed. does it make noises fans spinning, lights come on?

try removing all but one RAM stick.

then try the other.

if none of that helps, you need to replace one part at a time till it works.

• A.J.

For any PC, the full list of parts would help a lot.

600W power supply is also very vague. 

I will guess you have a Dell Optiplex 790.

Generally 2nd generation core i cpu.

No signal on a monitor only says you have nothing going into the cable from monitor to pc.

If you have a graphics card, the cable goes from graphics card to monitor.

If using CPU included graphics, the cable goes from the motherboard connector to the monitor.

You have not written anything useful to know what you have.

Try swapping the graphics card.