What’s the best way to let people know you don’t want or need their help?

You know the type, people who feel sorry for you when your in-hard times.....so they act like some kind of saviour to help you, to make themselves look good to others...

Without losing your temper with them, how do you let these people know you don’t want or need their help?

Let them know they can infact shove their help up their ar se ?

Btw iam not talking about the good helpers on yahoo answers, I’m talking about people in society, thanks.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Thank you for the offer. When I could use some help I will let you know. So until then thank you, no I am fine.  I have it covered. 

Next time they ask. You say   No thank you. 

Change the subject. Walk away.  Talk to someone else. 

Just keep saying No thank you and ending the conversation 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There's probably not a one-size-fits-all answer to this, because it depends on how insistent the person is, how often it happens, even how well you know them.  Questions like this are always easier when people give specific examples.

Overall, "I've got it, thanks" is a pretty good generic one.  If you need something stronger, like someone starts insisting or it's happened before, "please stop offering help when I've made it clear I don't need or want it.  Kthksbye".

• 1 month ago

"Thanks but no thanks" usually works. 

• How do they know you have fallen on hard times? You can keep it to yourself so they don't pry. If they are "finding out" through speculation and not based on actual facts coming from you, then let them know that you don't know where they've gotten this info but I"m more than capable of managing my own affairs. 

If however, these are close people in your life, then depending on your situation, I'd take the help. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just decline their help politely, and tell them you can manage your situation.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just say thanks but i dont need help with that

• 1 month ago

Try saying thanks but I want to try  and make out on my own.

If I fall I will come to you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

“Thanks for your offer but I am Ok”

Repeat calmly as needed, and not angrily, smile as you say it.

Many people are “do gooders” to make them feel good, but....  some mean well, so do not get pi..d off, be polite.

“Thankyou but I am ok.”

• 1 month ago

I really don't see the problem here. Smile and say, "That's so kind of you, but I'm managing quite well by myself. I'll be sure to let you know if I think of something. Bye!"

Just btw, while it can be annoying to have people trying too hard, do remember that you don't actually KNOW that they're "acting like some kind of saviour to help you, to make themselves look good to others"... Maybe they really DO want to help.So give them a brief but polite answer. And bear in mind, one day you might actually need some help from one of them. So don't burn your bridges.

• A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Thank them for asking if they can help, and that it is appreciated, if you ever need their help you will let them know. Perhaps suggest they could help someone else

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.