Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Why do people who are addicted to video games let their real life take a beat seat to their online lives?

Do they not realize for every hour spent gaming, they are falling an hour behind in their real lives? Someone else is studying, working, making friends, dating, getting smarter, wiser, making more progress in real life while they level up in a game that means nothing

You must be a dirty cop

Because real life is so disappointing sometimes.

Don't disrespect a mans hustle. They sitting there for 15+ hours on the grind. What you doing? Working that gay *** 9-5? That's that gay ****. Game or nothing. You know like the Nerf tagline. Nerf or Nothing? But with game instead. You stupid ****

well obviously it's enjoyable. you can interact and meet friends as well. but honestly, you do learn skills playing games: mental reflexes, currency management, critical thinking, multi tasking, company management and more.

you may think it's silly, but my manager on the firm plays an MMORPG. he is a guild owner of 86 players. (including me) he has to manage resources and payments for the members weekly. trade routes, any potential issues between ither guild territories etc. he transfers his experience over to the real world as a manager. 

Addictions don't follow rational logic. To them they find more fulfillment in the video games. They feel that "i can sit here for 4 hours and actually accomplish a task" whereas in the real world they may feel they work for no gain. 

No one WANTS to be addicted and most addicts would deny they have an addiction.

This question is honestly insensitive and ignorant as to what addiction really is. You are obviously of the opinion that these people know it's damaging to them but don't care...that's just...uneducated.

They're fun, and for people that don't have anything to do they're the only option. For example, I used to play video games all the time (still do sometimes, not too much anymore because I got pet rats) and that was all I could do after my online school was over. It's also an escape, on some of my worst days video games made me feel like I was in a new world that was perfect, and it was nice. And for some people real life isn't fun at all, like some people live in an abusive household and video games can help distract with that. 

cuz if we didnt have some kind of fun to have like in video games we would have to go out and put up with moany winy stuck up snobs like you. getting stuck into a video games saves from going insane from the crap in the real world. people are the parasites of this world. and infact you still can socilize with people online playing online games but the good thing about online if they annoy you you can just disconnect from them unlike in real life where you might have to put up with that person day in and day out.

Because real life sucks

Just like it's an addiction for you to post these useless ranty non-questions over and over again.

It’s an addiction, some may realise that but cannot stop and some don’t realise that because they don’t feel like they have a problem.