diy probiotic for mold remediation?

I recently purchased a bottle of probiotic for your home called Homebiotic.

I like the stuff but it's expensive.  

I'm thinking that its' action may be more enzymatic than bacterial. 

Does anyone have info on this stuff? DIY or otherwise.  It has a mild pleasant smell and is marketed as a probiotic for your home to crowd out the mold growth.

Foolish purchase.  You want to get rid of mold?  Open the damn window and leave it open(even a 1/8" permanently 24/7/365)  Free.

Even on rainy days it is drier outside than in your house. That is a fact.Moving air does not allow mold time to set down roots and grow. Mold came a Billion years BEFORE the DINOSAURS.  It ain't going anywhere.   That Yeast infection that occasionally flares up...yeast & mold in same family of fungi.  Again it is UP YOUR NOSE. Between your toes. On your skin, in your hair.

Basic Biology Grade 7  Google could have told you that but I did instead.

from the advertising on Probiotics it is so you become more REGULAR. in bathroom routine.  

You were looking for an anti-fungal.  You did not find it.  Oh well.

Painter.  (we are not idiots-we run into this mess many times)  Lights on...no one is home.

• John

Both probiotics and prebiotics are not shown to do anything at all except separate the gullible from their cash.  Look it up and ignore the sites that are trying to sell it. It's useless crap.

• elhigh

Looks like snake oil to me.  I don't recommend that either buy the product or try to homebrew your own.

I don't doubt that there is indeed what could be called a "healthy" population of microbes in a home, but the spray strikes me as so much baloney.

The stated goal of the stuff is to repopulate your home's microbiome with these benign strains after you've killed everything off with overuse of antibacterial products.

Instead of spending even more money - or time and energy in the case of you, wanting to roll your own - skip two steps: stop using antibac products, and don't bother with trying to repopulate the house.  It won't need repopulating.  The benign population will redevelop naturally in the absence of overcleaning.

I have never used antibac products, and I live in steamy, warm East Tennessee.  No mold growth in spite of my leaky HVAC ducts, no gross streaks of mildew in my bathroom which has never had a vent fan.  We clean but we're not fanatics about it.  Wiping down counters every evening, sure, but we don't scrub the coffee table.  I take a sick day or two, maybe once every two years.  No incessant colds or coughs, just the usual springtime allergies: about two days of inner ear vertigo and that's it.

I submit that your home would be a lot healthier if you'd just stop killing it and let it return to an equilibrium with you and your family.

Instead of taking this extra step of making your own or buying some company's idea of what you're supposed to have (like, how in the hell do THEY know what's right for your home?), just quit overdoing with the cleaning and let the home return to its natural state with you, and save a lot of time, money and stress.