Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

why do elderly people hate loud concerts? ?

...i don’t get it. Like concerts has much better acoustics and sound usually and many elderly people struggle with hearing. 

So why don’t they attend loud concert? They can always go to a concert that plays really old music so that’s an option 

That's not right. Depends on the music. If it's a concert with artists/music I like - rip away!!

even when I was younger, I could not stand loud concerts

There is a concert venue in my town with a full bar that often books bands that were pretty big names in the 70's, early 80's and the audience is old and the bands are old and everyone ROCKS it and has a ton of fun. Good stuff. Turned up loud and everything. 

• Snid

Not all of us do.

Let me answer that question. When I was young and all my senses were acute, I liked load music like most teens. But over the years, the senses, such as hearing, start to wane and get frayed some what. And in order to hear, I myself, have a cochlear implant in one ear and a hearing aid in the other just to be able to communicate. But now I have problems with babies crying in restaurants and other noises around me. It's not that old people want to be fussy about load music, it's because to us, sounds no longer sound natural like when we were younger. it has become unnecessary noise. Take a beautiful painting, for instance. To a person with good vision, it's nice. But someone who has trouble seeing, it may be just something with splotches of color. Hearing is like that too.

Because most of the so-called Music is Rubbish

talking to music is NOT SINGING

• Janet

Because we have learned from experience.

The REASON we struggle with hearing is because loud music has damaged our ears ... we have no desire to incur FURTHER damage.

Obviously, you don't care because your hearing has not yet become impaired. Keep on going to concerts, or cranking up your stereo/earbud volumes and you too will lose your hearing. Guaranteed.

• Jojo

Its possibly not the fact its LOUD, but that they don`t like the content of the concert.

Many elderly people do enjoy concerts that consist of music that they like and that is quite loud. 

Music does not have to be ear piercing to be enjoyed.

When I was a teenager I hated LOUD Music and also hated all the screaming fans at concerts.

So really its a case of `Horses for Courses` when it comes to concerts. 

YOU will understand one day when you are more mature.

Because their time period had no loud music like rock or heavy metal, it was mostly classical, jazz, and orchestra

How can they even hear that it's loud