Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

I got tested + for chlamydia. My bf and I took antibiotics for it. He’s uncircumcised. Could him having a foreskin make him get reinfected?

My bf was wondering this. He wants to make sure we get rid of it, so this came up. Will him having a foreskin prevent him from getting rid of the infection as easily? Or are we just insane for being scared about it?

It’s been almost 3 weeks since we’ve taken the prescription and we haven’t had sex in between then and now. 

Actually uncircumcised men have a 50% lower chance of getting STDs than circumcised men.

No. If he's faithful and you're faithful, or if he uses condoms when you two have sex, then the chances of him getting chlamydia again are nearly zero. 

I am 83 years old and I am uncut. I have never had an STD and neither has my wife. 

Having a foreskin wont prevent him from getting rid of the infection.

But I would recommend you continue abstaining from sex until you both are 100% certain the infection is gone to avoid passing it back and forth to each other.

Simply have another test after you both have completed treatment.

• Tj

If you are so worried, use a condom.

• Jesus

The clamidia affects the urethra of the penis and the foreskin can help to that that infection stays. 

No, it wont prevent him from getting rid of the infection, the antibiotics work and have no idea if there is a foreskin or not.

Source(s): ER PA

Yes, this is the likely cause.  Foreskins are a breeding ground for filth and disease.  Insist that he get circumcised immediately to prevent this from happening again.

• ron h

maybe he should use condoms until both of you are free of this disease.  And no oral for either of you.  without condoms, he should AT LEAST be washing his dik immediately after he has ANY sexual contact with you. 

It's not likely as long as he has good hygiene