Are we living in a new Golden Age of Japanese cinema?

I'm thinking directors  like Koreeda and Iwai are in the same league as Ozu and Naruse. There are other directors like Miike Takashi and Tsukamoto Shinya who maybe make odd B-movies/V-cinema....but are always interesting. Then there are the always good actors like Lily Franky and his pal Asano Tadanobu. 

Anyways, this is a travel question because I would love to know the exact rooftop in Shinjuku where Miike seems to shoot all the time. 

• T

I know some world-famous film directors mentioned Ozu's "Tokyo Story" as the best movie ever made. I think they love the stylishness of the movie. I assume you do too and that you find the same kind of stylishness in the movies they made. 

• Quinn

Not even close. The vast majority of Japanese cinema are re-hash of older films from the real Golden Age of Japanese cinema with a heavy dose of eye-candy and no originality.

• Nicey8

Hello. K pop is the in thing now, not Japan. Japan has declined in the last 25 years, imho.

Korean culture is the popular culture now. Cinemas worldwide are trying to survive, trying to fight against Netflix.

But, Japan is more beautiful than Korea in terms of sceneries, imho.