Friends son pesters me to visit his mother?

I'm 77 and my 93 year old friend is in a home now with Alzheimer's. I used to visit her often, but because of lock-down we're not allowed to visit. Her son is 60 and has very very slight special needs (though he can hold down a full time job fine).

Over the past few weeks, he phoned to tell me people can visit his mother now as "they can bring her downstairs in a chair as long as we're kept at a distance'. He phones me at least three times a week to say he's going to visit her and would I like to go with him. I've thanked him and said I will go when I feel safe/right. He leaves messages on my voicemail saying he's going at such and such a time and would I like to accompany him. He's beginning to become a pest. What more can I say to him until he gets the message that I will visit her on my terms?

Update:

But she might live many years yet, No Mercy.  I mean, look at Vera Lynn.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So?  Why not just Facetime her instead of visiting?  Sounds like you don't think too well either.

• 1 month ago

u can say to him "i do not want to visit your mother. at the moment please stop pestering me, u re becoming a nuisance". but as she is 93 she may die any time, so why don't u want to come and say good bye i do not understand. he does not understand either - she does not have any time left

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.