What employees are funded by State programs in LA County? I am an employee in the Sheriff Department in the courthouse for civil process. ?

LA County government is going to lay off a lot of people due to a budget crisis. They will lay off a lot of employees in the Sheriff Department. I heard they will lay off employees who are funded by State programs. Am I an employee funded by State program?

You're an employee of a county agency that's funded mostly by the county, some by the state in form of sales taxes (AB-109) and some by federal law enforcement grants. But this is California where if you're politically connected they'll find a place to stick you at taxpayer expense whether it's a real job or not. Doesn't help that your dept. head is an incompetent boob who constantly picks fights with the County Board of Supervisors. If you voted for Villanueva you sort of brought this on yourself.