Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is walking exercise? ?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Walking is intrinsic to human health. Meaning, if you can do it but choose not too, your killing yourself slowly.

• 1 month ago

walking and swimming is the best to do, keeps you healthy, i like to walk

• 1 month ago

Yes, It is very useful walking exercise. All adiabatic patient must always walking for 1-2 km is the best for health.

• Will.
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes. It is less strenuous than other ways to exercise but is just as effective.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes,  exercise is good for the body, especially in maintaining your weight.  Exercise also controls blood sugar spikes.

• 1 month ago

Yep walking is exercise. It has to be enough to raise your heart rate but it's exercise.

• 1 month ago

Yes!!!! U should walk a minimum of 3 miles a day. But aim for 5 if u have time for it. I have back issues, so it’s really difficult for me to go for runs and do intense work outs, and with healthy dieting and walking I have actually lost some weight too 

• 1 month ago

Walking is the best exercise! To increase cardio (gym talk for getting the heart pumping) walk up hills. Note the word is WALKING, not 'strolling/ambling along having a chat with someone. Personally, I listen to music with a fast tempo - the fast tempo has you walking faster as you keep up with the rhythm.  This is good because your brain won't kick in that you're exercising to have the demons step in with excuses to stop. Walkers have a rule about a smile and nod to each other as you pass. DON'T look down your nose at the people slower than you - remember that was you when you first started the walks! Kindness goes a long way . . .   

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes! I have friends who power walk and can travel faster than I do when running, unless I'm really pushing myself. Walking is a very good exercise, as it's a way to burn calories (provided you put some intensity into it), strengthen your cardiovascular system and lung capacity, and work your muscles. 

"Walking is an excellent type of cardio activity. But in order to challenge your cardiovascular system, you need to walk at a pace and intensity that increases the demands on your heart, lungs, and muscles." More info at the link below.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it burns as many calories as riding a bike or even running the same distance. It just takes a bit longer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.