Boy
Boy asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

Do I put a bottle of 2 cycle oil and then the gas in a weed eater?

Do I first buy and put a mini bottle of 2 cycle oil and then the gas directly into the weed eater? 

If you're talking typical household use then the little extra buying pre mixed is worth it.  If you're talking larger scale use you get a small gas can. Label it so you know it will be mix oil and gas.  mix the oil and gas in it according to the ratio your device requires. Put that in the machine.

if that is what the directions say on the machine then go for it.  I never buy a mini bottle of anything.  It NEVER GOES BAD & you will uses tanks and tanks of gas.Mini Bottle, you are paying extra for the container. So that is expensive.  You should get at least a quart of 2 stroke oil.

the "mini bottle" might be enough oil for an entire gallon of fuel, or more!  You need to read the instructions for your machine, read the instructions on the oil, mix it in the right ratio with quality gasoline and THEN pour it into your machine.  Many people buy the pre-mixed ("engineered") gas in quarts or gallons, at the hardware store, either 40 to 1 or 50 to 1 mixture.

put the lime in the coconut and called the doctor and woke him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgdU9OaSMkw

Youtube thumbnail

If I may, DON'T.  Go down to the Auto Store and buy a can of 50:1 stabilized gas and oil premix. (I use Husqvarna).  it will not go bad over the winter, and will give you a better run on your machine. 

No, you add the oil to your storage can of gas, often 1 bottle to one gallon of gas, but you need to confirm the mixture and bottle size you have will yield that ratio. You swirl it around a bit so it mixes up then add the mixture to your machine.

• Kieth

You put the bottle of oil in a gas can and add a gallon of gas to the can, LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS TELL YOU.

• y

You mix the proper ratio of oil and gas, then put it in the machine.