Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Why does the media immediately chastise people accused of sexual misconduct, before trial? Why is it becoming so easy to ruin a person life?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

@'...'@

Our society has become so consumėd w/åll

kind's of drama whether true or not thåt it'ś śådly

said way of future which shows in exåćť dôwnfall.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

• 1 month ago

Because they need a 'story'. The only way to stop this is to petition your member in government to put in laws to stop this vile practice. You notice how quiet the media is when it is one of their own? Different then!

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The only "sexual misconduct" that requires a trial is rape, and anyone who commits that violent crime/sin is deserving of all the chastisement they get.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because we're living in the "cancel culture" where unless you live under a rock someone somewhere will take offense to something you've done or said. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is public information, kept public to try to keep honest governing. There is a US Constitutional freedom of Speech and the Press. All freedoms have limits and responsibilities. Where is the line crossed between the importance of a free press and speech and right of privacy, and the right to a fair trial as well.

You touch on a subject that is debated. Responsible press media are careful in the words used, but bias and what people hear and interpret are not the exact words used. 

The media has a goal of increasing their audience and providing public information.

Some also have more unsavory political and social influencing goals.

Control of the media is often worse to society as a whole than the damage that media causes to an individual that did not deserve it.

I don't have a clean answer as this is a debated subject. I will encourage you to watch the documentary movie "Capturing the Friendmans". Arnie Friedman was my favorite high school teacher in classes of Organic and Physical Chemistry including nuclear science. He was a fine person and teacher in most ways, but indeed had a secret  pedophilia. He ended up as suicide in prison. I am convinced he did not actually do the crimes he was charged with. With the question you ask, this is a huge example.

• Pyrus
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because the media only cares about making money, and creating juicy news for people whilst implanting prejudice and insinuations in their audience. There are a lot of important things that are going on in Africa for instance, like the massacres, killings at a genocide scale, etc., yet the media doesn't even mention that because it just "doesn't sell". 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

PROOF ?  WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' PROOF !!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.