How did the award Harry Markle presented recently come to be called 'The Princess Diana Award'? Wasn't she Diana, Princess of Wales?

Update:

It's hard to believe that no one working within the Royal Household knew name and title.

Update 2:

As 'Anonymous' pointed out, The Diana Award is at the top of the page provided. She is then referred to as 'Princess Diana' upon reading about the award on the official site. I think the Markles hijacked an award that both William and Harry supported. Someone should tell William they've got his mum's name wrong. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I think they just make things up as they go along. The many war medals that Prince Charles can sometimes be seen wearing obviously have made up names and phoney achievements because he has never seen a battlefield.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is an Award no one cares what its name is

Looks like to Idiots do

I love the Title Princess Diana Award

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No such person as Harry Markle.

• Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

'Diana, Princess of Wales' was the official, post divorce style she used.

'The Princess of Wales', with the HRH was her official title and style while married. Without the HRH after divorce was also acceptable way to refer to her 'officially' as she was the only living person entitled to use that title at the time.

'Princess Diana', without the HRH, was always an acceptable informal style the general public could use.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is called The Diana Award on the official site (diana-award. org.uk). As for 'Princess Diana' you can't expect the media or copywriters to get these things right, they rarely do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.