Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Is Everyone, no matter what ancestry, asked if they are Hispanic? Or only some people are asked if they are Hispanic on government forms?

Update:

Are only Hispanic asked if they identify as Hispanic on government forms?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sally
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

everyone is asked.  Even Michelle Obama said he was asked  

• 1 month ago

Everyone who gets the from is asked the question.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The forms are the forms and everyone gets the same forms. So the question is just there for all of us. 

• 1 month ago

I think that would be illegal in my country (Canada).  As only about 2% of people in Canada can even speak Spanish, there is no need to ask the question anyway.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If the question is on a govt form, it applies to everyone who uses that particular form.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would depend on where in the world you live, as 'Hispanic' is an American term it is asked there but nowhere else and just means "Spa

nish speaker"...the rest of the worlds Governments  forms don't ask what language people speak

• 1 month ago

Everyone is asked if they are Hispanic.

• 1 month ago

A-person-can-be-from-a-Spanish-speaking-country-such-as-Argentina-and-have-purely-European-ancestry,-but-still-identify-as-Hispanic.-Or-they-can-appear-to-have-African-ancestry,-but-speak-Spanish-and-identify-as-Hispanic.

• 1 month ago

I ask people all the time

It's a hobby

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.