Mier
Lv 5
Mier asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Should they do away with the shift and the designated hitter in baseball? ?

I’m not a big fan of either one. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

get rid of DH. 

• 1 month ago

No, they shouldn't. The designated hitter is more likely to go the other way and be used in both leagues.

• 1 month ago

should they do away with the shift - no, let the defense position themselves wherever they think the batter is most likely to hit the ball, and let the batter try to "hit it where they ain't"

Designated hitter? - no, I'd much rather see a DH bat than a pitcher. I never understood why people have such a sick fetish for watching pitchers strike out. And don't give me that "more strategy" bull crap. All the extra "strategy" of non-DH baseball is just various ways to avoid letting a terrible hitter come to the plate in a critical situation. In my opinion the best strategy to prevent that from happening is to simply not put terrible hitters in the batting lineup to begin with.

• Teams should be able to line up on defence as they see fit.  The DH is an asinine rule that should have never been implemented in the first place.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The DH is in every league.  it's been around for 50 years. When is the nonsense going to stop about getting rid of it.  it's here for good.

• Wilson
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don’t go to those types of parties 

I’m just a straight man who loves one woman at a time 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.