Mier
Mier asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Should they do away with the shift and the designated hitter in baseball? ?

I’m not a big fan of either one. 

get rid of DH. 

No, they shouldn't. The designated hitter is more likely to go the other way and be used in both leagues.

should they do away with the shift - no, let the defense position themselves wherever they think the batter is most likely to hit the ball, and let the batter try to "hit it where they ain't"

Designated hitter? - no, I'd much rather see a DH bat than a pitcher. I never understood why people have such a sick fetish for watching pitchers strike out. And don't give me that "more strategy" bull crap. All the extra "strategy" of non-DH baseball is just various ways to avoid letting a terrible hitter come to the plate in a critical situation. In my opinion the best strategy to prevent that from happening is to simply not put terrible hitters in the batting lineup to begin with.

• Teams should be able to line up on defence as they see fit.  The DH is an asinine rule that should have never been implemented in the first place.

The DH is in every league.  it's been around for 50 years. When is the nonsense going to stop about getting rid of it.  it's here for good.

• Wilson

I don’t go to those types of parties 

I’m just a straight man who loves one woman at a time